Rainbow Sky Designs

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An amazing woman with a worthy cause

Hey everyone! Non scrapbooking blog today. For the past few weeks I've been reading and following the blog of a woman named Corey. She's amazing. She's a mom to six children, five of whom were adopted by her family from Haiti. She's faced more challenges in the last two years than many of us will face in our entire lifetimes, and she has continued to come through them with a sense of humor and a strong love for her children. She continues to fight for (and sometimes, given the challenges she faces, against) her kids. She teaches them every day about life, and love, and what it means to be a family, and let me tell you that she has taught ME a thing or two about being a mom. Her blog never fails to move me. Sometimes it's to laughter, several times to tears, but always she moves me in some direction. Corey is truly an inspiration to a lot of people, including me. I posted on my old blog a few weeks ago asking you all to go read a certain post on her blog, and asking you to pray for her and her family. The good news is that those prayers have been answered. Corey has been able to take that post down from her blog, and I'm truly grateful for those of you who prayed for her family. Now I would like you to consider supporting Cory in a different way. In January, Corey will be running in the Disney marathon in support of a really worthy cause, Heartline Ministries. Go check out their blog. Read about why they're running in this marathon. Go back to Corey's blog, and read about her journey to the marathon, and make a donation to sponsor her. I know money's tight, believe me my budget is tighter than a lot. I donated $3 to sponsor Corey. Lame, I know but EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS folks. Every single dollar moves Corey and her team closer to their goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment